Quick Links

E-mail Article

2011-2012: Product Literature

Working...

Ajax Loading Image

Begins August 1, 2011

Iowa AEA Online 2011-2012

Iowa’s Area Education Agencies are pleased to announce the Iowa AEA Online resources for 2011-2012.  These resources continue to be provided at no cost to accredited public and non-public PreK-12 schools.

The document to the right is a one-page PDF with a short description of each resource and the grade level. This document is intended to introduce Iowa AEA Online to students, teachers and parents. For a more detailed explanation of each resource, download the flyers below. X

Download

AP Images
x
AP Images contains over 7 million primary-source photographs from the 1800’s to a minute ago, over 1.9 million sound bites from the 1920’s to a minute ago, 230,000 graphics (maps, charts and timelines), and 2.5 million text news stories from The Associated Press®. Licensed for educational use.
X

Download
x
X

Download
Atomic Learning
x
Atomic Learning’s 21st Century Skills Collection includes professional development resources and curriculum materials to empower educators to infuse 21st century skills into the classroom. The collection includes access to over 50,000 tutorials on 205 applications, student and teacher assessments with prescriptive training paths, classroom tech integration projects, technology workshops, progress reports and more.

The Assistive Technology Collection features easy to understand video tutorials focused on helping educators use and apply assistive technology. Programs include Boardmaker 6, JAWS 9, Overboard and more. Tutorial offerings include training on special education software, assistive technology devices, and software accessibility features. In addition, tutorials are also searchable by specialization and category.
x
X

Download

BookFLIX by Scholastic

BookFlix is an interactive literacy resource that builds a love of reading and learning. BookFlix pairs classic fictional video storybooks from Weston Woods with nonfiction eBooks from Scholastic to reinforce reading skills and develop essential real-world knowledge and understanding.

BookFlix is perfect for use in the classroom, school library and public library, BookFlix is accessible to every child – early readers, reluctant readers, and English Language Learners. (PreK-3)
X

X

Download
X

Download
Britannica Digital Learning
x
Britannica Online School Edition gives teachers and students instant access to four complete encyclopedias and other resources that ensure consistency with classroom topics and age-appropriate language. This unique reference and learning suite also offers high-quality online learning materials that have been developed by teachers and curriculum experts. Designed for all levels of learning from elementary school through high school, Britannica Online School Edition offers students an easy-to-use gateway to the vast resources of Encyclopædia Britannica. (Grades PreK-12)

X

Download

All levels include 
text-to-speech!

x
21st-Century Explorer provides online reference and learning tools for students who read below grade level, are dealing with specific learning problems, or are at risk of falling behind. This user-friendly collection contains all of the resources that students need including encyclopedias, an atlas, historic timelines, a dictionary, news, and other essential learning tools. 21st-Century Explorer is ideal for reluctant readers, ELL and ESL students, and adult literacy students.
(Grades PreK-12)
X

Download

Global Reference Center is an extensive collection of Encyclopædia Britannica's foreign language content, offering trustworthy information in Spanish, Japanese, Korean, simplified Chinese, and French.
Users will find comprehensive global content on subjects such as art, geography, history, politics, science, sports, technology, and more. Each site also contains additional local content—including culture, history, and traditions—specific to each product. Brilliant photos, detailed maps, and other images accompany the text, engaging readers and encouraging further learning.
(Grades PreK-12 + College)
X

Download
Student News Net engages students with timely, relevant news and current events. Related learning activities and lesson plans teach students how to organize facts, make connections, and use information in problem-solving activities.
(Grades 4-8)
X

Download

World Data Analyst Online contains current and historical statistics on the countries of the world which makes historical and cross-national comparisons easy.

World Data Analyst allows students to create tables, charts, and even export the information to a spreadsheet for data crunching and deeper analysis. It’s ideal for research, to explore new topics for study, or just to learn more about the world. (Grades 6-12 + College)

X

Download

Learning Zone is a classroom-tested, interactive learning environment that gives early learners enjoyable, engaging, and developmentally appropriate activities to help grow their minds, their spirits, and their intellectual horizons.

Learning Zone includes an interactive atlas, online art activities, interactive games and learning materials, audio and video, and vocabulary builders. These features teach concepts that children are curious about, such as geography, numbers, colors, time, and sounds. (Grades PreK-2)
x

X

Download
CultureGrams & SIRS Issues Researcher by ProQuest

CultureGrams helps you and your students discover the world with concise cultural and statistical snapshots of every country recognized by the United Nations -- from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe.

Local experts document the unique, intimate details of each country's customs, traditions and daily life. 

X

Download

SIRS Issues Researcher helps students make sense of the world by offering relevant, credible resources aligned to learning standards that tell the whole story on the major issues of the day.

It's all here, enduring issues such as abortion, capital punishment, immigration, and gun control; and current issues such as the global financial crisis, mass media, privacy rights for teenagers, alternative education, climate change, and same-sex marriage.

X

Download
iCLIPART for Schools
x
iCLIPART For Schools is a collection of more than 7.8 million royalty free photos, clipart, fonts, animations and sounds that teachers and students can use in multimedia presentations, Inspiration diagrams, school websites, worksheets, newsletters, posters, signs and more. iCLIPART will be adding additional content throughout the year including high resolution photos and animations.
X

Download
x

Gale - Cengage Learning
x
Academic OneFile
Academic OneFile is the premier source for peer-reviewed, full-text articles from the world's leading journals and reference sources. With extensive coverage of all academic disciplines, Academic OneFile is authoritative and comprehensive. Millions of articles available in both PDF and HTML full-text with no restrictions, including full-text coverage of the New York Times since 1995. Updated daily.

X

Download
x
General OneFile
A one-stop source for news and periodical articles on a wide range of topics: business, computers, current events, economics, education, environmental issues, health care, hobbies, humanities, law, literature and art, politics, science, social science, sports, technology, and many general interest topics. Millions of full-text articles, many with images. Updated daily.
X

Download

x
InfoTrac Student Edition
This database is designed for high school students, with access to a variety of indexed and full-text magazines, newspapers and reference books for information on current events, the arts, science, popular culture, health, people, government, history, sports and more.
x
X

Download
x
InfoTrac Junior Edition
This periodical database is designed for students in junior high and middle school, with magazines, newspapers and reference books (most are full-text) for information on current events, the arts, science, popular culture, health, people, government, history, sports and more.
X

Download

x
InfoTrac Newsstand
InfoTrac Newsstand is an innovative Web-based full-text newspaper database which allows users to search articles instantly by title, headline, date, newspaper section or other assigned fields. Finally, a one-stop source for the day's news and searchable archives. You can customize your online newspaper database features including search options. With InfoTrac Newsstand, you can search a collection of more than 1,000 newspapers, then select your own screen appearance, search options and results format.
X

Download
x
Kids InfoBits
Kids InfoBits meets the research needs of students in Kindergarten through Grade 5. It features a developmentally appropriate, visually graphic interface, a subject-based topic tree search and full-text, age-appropriate, curriculum-related magazine, newspaper and reference content for information on current events, the arts, science, health, people, government, history, sports and more.
X

Download

x
Health Reference Center Academic
Use this database to find articles on: Fitness, Pregnancy, Medicine, Nutrition, Diseases, Public Health, Occupational Health and Safety, Alcohol and Drug abuse, HMOs, Prescription Drugs, and more. The material contained in this database is intended for informational purposes only.
X

Download
x
Health and Wellness Resource Center
Find alternative medicine-focused magazines, journals, newspapers, definitions, directories, videos, & reference information on: Medicine, Nutrition, Diseases, Public Health, Pregnancy, Herbal remedies, and more. Included are links to diet, cancer, health assessment sites & government databases. Easily access 700+ videos from Healthology, Inc.'s consumer health video library. Spanish-language videos are available. The material contained in this Resource Center is intended for informational purposes only.
X

Download

x
General Business File ASAP
Analyze company performance and activity, industry events and trends as well as the latest in management, economics and politics. Access to a combination of broker research reports, trade publications, newspapers, journals and company directory listings with full text and images available.
X

Download
x
Educator's Reference Complete
Educator's Reference Complete is a selection of more than 450 full-text academic journals, hundreds of full-text reports, and many premier reference sources. Included content focuses on educational principles, child development and psychology, and best practices in education. Majority of the full-text titles included are also found in the ERIC database. The database is updated daily.
x
X

Download
Learn360
x
Learn360 is an educational streaming media service offering thousands of full-length digital videos, video clips, images, audio files, newsreels, speeches and a comprehensive library of teaching resources. Top educational publishers include A&E/History/Bio, PBS, National Geographic, Sunburst Visual Media, Reading Rainbow, Britannica Concise Encyclopedia and many more. All Learn360 content is standards-based.
X

Download
x

Soundzabound
x
Soundzabound Royalty Free Music is licensed audio that students, teachers, and administrators can use without copyright infringement.  The online database provides searching with keywords and categories to find audio tracks that may be used in videos, podcasts and other forms of multimedia.  The MP3 audio files are cross platform for use in any Mac or PC software that incorporates audio.
x
X

Download
x

Teen Health and Wellness - Rosen Publishing
x
Teen Health & Wellness: Real Life, Real Answers, the award-winning database from Rosen Publishing Online, provides middle school and high school students with curricular support and self-help on topics such as diseases & conditions (including a new section on obesity), drugs & alcohol, fitness & nutrition, green/environmentally-friendly living, mental & emotional health, internet safety, bullying and school violence, and more.  Articles are correlated to Iowa state standards in health and physical education; science; and language arts, as well as to the national standards.
X

Download
x

Back To Top